Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Say my name and every color illuminates.

This weekend was spent beachside with a childhood friend. We've been best friends for 20+ years. She has two children (4 and 6) who I consider my niece and nephew. It had been a while since I had seen them. Almost if not a year which is crazy. I don't think I've ever gone that long without seeing them.

Spending the weekend with them was definitely fun. I loved being able to hang out and play with the littles. Being back in a small-town only minutes from my own hometown made me realize how happy I am I moved away. I'm only an hour and a half away, but people here versus there seem worlds apart. A very small-town mentality.

It also made me realize just how different my best friend and I are. It's crazy to think that growing up we were two peas in a pod. Attached at the hip. Two bodies, one soul type of deal. Yet, twenty some add years later and we have both gone down two totally different paths in life. It was interesting to witness for sure.

I hardly ever go out into the sun these days. I'm not near the ocean, and the pool isn't really my thing. I was silly for thinking I could be out in the sun for hours and turn a nice golden brown (I mean, c'mon, I'm half mexican!). I was smart enough to put sunblock on my face, but every where else I am lobster red. It hurts, and I'm not looking forward to all the itching and peeling. I'm slathering myself in coconut oil in hopes that doesn't happen.

A new month is here! In two weeks I'll be another year older. I've never been age-phobic (my Mom always told me to never be ashamed of your age). But I must say, it's a little crazy to know I'm tippin' towards 30. I feel like in your 20's you're still a kid in an adult's body and you're figuring shit out. 30's are like, ok, you had 10 years to figure out this adult stuff, now here's the real deal! Wahhh. I mean, I'll only be 27. But wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, there! :) I appreciate you taking the time to read my thoughts, and I'd love to read your's. Feel free to comment away! Or you can email me: Love.Alexp@gmail.com