Wednesday, January 1, 2014

twenty fourteen.

It's the first day of a new month of a new year. Today was drab; cold and wet. Almost as if this Florida sky could open up and start to snow. However, it was still a lovely day. A lovely little day you were, January 1st. 


2013 was so much of everything. Fun, trying, joyous. I could go on and on. I learned so much. I learned about grief and what it entails. I learned how it takes a toll on those who are experiencing it first hand and those who are there to support. 



I learned what it meant to stop caring about what others have said about you. What people will choose to believe about you without knowing you. To let it go and be at peace with it. I learned how hard yet how rewarding it feels to wish the best upon someone who doesn't do the same. 



I had fun mini day trips. I had weekend trips. I had vacations. I danced until the wee hours of the morning. I laughed until I couldn't breathe and I cried until my head wanted to explode. I worked and worked and I played and played. 



I lived. Which is all we can really aspire to do while we're here I suppose.


I'm hoping I can do more of it in 2014. 

I'd like to really focus on checking in with myself throughout the day to ensure I'm present and aware. I want to take more time to meditate. I want to not be so afraid to dive deep within myself and explore that. 


2014, I think we're going to be just great together!




1 comment:

  1. Hey Alex! I just discovered your blog and I'm really hoping you keep going! Fellow 20-something here also trying to live naturally :)
    ~ Samantha

    ReplyDelete

Hi, there! :) I appreciate you taking the time to read my thoughts, and I'd love to read your's. Feel free to comment away! Or you can email me: Love.Alexp@gmail.com